TRUEBLUE Brings Important Law Enforcement Services to Smartphones
The Fort Myers Police Department announced the launch of TRUEBLUE, a free mobile application that gives the public unprecedented access to the police department. The app helps the Fort Myers community stay connected wherever they are by offering mobile access to news, crime maps, social media, alerts, and more. It even allows the public to submit anonymous tips to the department.
Anyone can download the application for free through the Apple App Store and the Google Play Marketplace.
“We want to offer our community the best in technology and access, and that means making Fort Myers Police Department’s services and information available to mobile users,” said Police Chief Derrick Diggs. “We’re excited to have a partner in MobilePD that really understands the possibilities for mobile applications in law enforcement.”
The app was designed by MobilePD, an Austin–based technology company that pioneered public safety citizen engagement 8 years ago. The easy-to-use interface will provide an unprecedented amount of information to the consumer, regardless of where they are in the world.
“We believe that applications like this build bridges between the community and their local government,” MobilePD CEO Kushyar Kasraie said. “We are excited to play a role in connecting Fort Myers with their police department and assuring there are no barriers to access of information.”
The mobile app will provide access to the police department’s existing platforms, as well as additional services that are only available through the mobile application.
- Alerts: View trusted, instant alerts directly from the Fort Myers Police Department.
- News: Get the latest news written directly by the Chief, department officers, and staff.
- Crime Maps: View real-time crime maps of activities in your neighborhood or across the city.
- Tips: Be the eyes and ears of FMPD and help the Department by submitting anonymous tips to help fight crime. The application has the capability to let you anonymously chat with our investigators.
- Twitter: Follow and communicate with FMPD through a direct link to the Department’s Twitter account.
- Facebook: Review the latest FMPD information on Facebook and become a friend of the Department.
- YouTube: Watch videos from FMPD’s YouTube Channel.
- Instagram: Follow FMPD on Instagram.
- Sex Offender Registry: Access the FDLE sex offender registry.
- Links: Access to other City of Fort Myers departments and other area agencies.
- Police Substations: Find a list of all FMPD police substations.
- Alarm Program/Permits: Direct access to FMPD’s Alarm Reduction Program
- Arrested Person Search: Search all Fort Myers/Lee County arrests.
- Warrant Search: See if you or someone you know has an active criminal warrant.
- Police Athletic League: Learn about FMPD’s Police Athletic League program and events.
- Neighbors: Neighbors by Ring is the Neighborhood Watch App that sends real-time crime and safety notifications directly to your phone.
- Directory: A telephone directory to key areas of the Department.
“We recognize that people are consuming information in new ways,” Chief Derrick Diggs said. “Law enforcement needs to make their information as transparent and readily-accessible as possible to meet the expectations of our communities.”
Currently, there are only a handful of other agencies in Florida that have released official mobile applications for their community – securing Fort Myers Police Department’s reputation as one of the most forward-thinking Police Departments in the country.
TRUEBLUE is available today on the iOS App Store and the Google Play Marketplace by searching for TRUEBLUE or Fort Myers PD on the respected App Store.