Fort Myers Brewing Company is kicking off the first weekend of summer with its seventh annual Summerfest, a four-day summer beer bash featuring live bands, food trucks, and over 50 specialty beers.
Taking place Thursday, June 20 through Sunday, June 23, the party of the summer will feature brew-tastic family- and pet-friendly festivities, including food truck rallies, a luau party with a pig roast, daily live music, and a hangover party with the ever-competitive, yet friendly tournament to name Summerfest’s 2019 cornhole champion.
And of course, beer, beer, and more beer.
“Summerfest is our favorite way to kick off the summer season here in Southwest Florida, and we’re pumped to bring together another great lineup of beer, food and bands for our seventh annual event,” said Jen Gratz-Whyte, who co-founded Fort Myers Brewing with her husband, Rob Whyte. “We’re ready to put on an epic summer celebration for our friends and neighbors, so bring a lawn chair and an empty stomach – we’ll bring the rest!”
A wide selection of ales, stouts and lagers will be on tap throughout the weekend, in addition to 14 of Southwest Florida’s popular food trucks, including Mobstah Lobstah, Trippin’ On Pizza, and The Nosh Truck, as well as sweet treats from Artisan Gelato by Norman Love and Love Boat Ice Cream.
Guests can groove to six live performers, including Soulixer, Artikal Sound System, Bobby James, Wilder Sons, Ben Allen Band and North Island Duo
Festivities will be held at Fort Myers Brewing Company, 12811 Commerce Lakes Drive, Suite 28, in Fort Myers. For more information about the event, please follow “Fort Myers Brewing Company” on Facebook or call 239-313-6576. Guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, as seats tend to fill up quickly.
The schedule of Summerfest events is as follows:
Thursday, June 20 (3 to 11 p.m.)
- Food truck rally: The Nosh Truck, Schnitzel Express, Three Little Birds Breakfast Truck, Mobstah Lobstah, Love Boat Ice Cream
- Live Music: Soulixer (6:30 to 10:30 p.m.)
Friday, June 21 (3 to 11 p.m.)
- Luau Party featuring a pig roast with Wicked Streatery
- Food truck rally: Wicked Streatery, Rollin’ Raw Bar, Trippin’ On Pizza
- Live Music: Artikal Sound System (7 to 10 p.m.)
Saturday, June 22 (Noon to 11 p.m.)
- Main event: Over 50 specialty beers will be rotated throughout the day until the keg runs out.
- Food truck rally: The Nosh Truck, Wicked Streatery, The Folkswagen (Fine Folk Pizza), Grumpy Goat Coffee, Artisan Gelato by Norman Love
- Live music: Bobby James (noon to 3 p.m.), Wilder Sons (3 to 6 p.m.), Ben Allen Band (6 to 10 p.m.)
Sunday, June 23 (Noon to 8 p.m.)
- Hangover Party: Specialty brews will be served throughout the day until the keg runs out.
- Cornhole tournament (starts at 1 p.m.)
- Food truck rally: Currywurst Truck, The Sizzle Truck, Artisan Gelato by Norman Love
- Live music: North Island Duo (2 to 6 p.m.)
About Fort Myers Brewing Company
Established in 2013, Fort Myers Brewing Company was the first microbrewery to open in Lee County and continues to lead Southwest Florida’s surging craft beer movement. Founded by Rob Whyte and Jen Gratz-Whyte, Fort Myers Brewing carries a signature line of flagship beers in addition to seasonal brews and small batch specialties. The brewery is located at12811 Commerce Lakes Drive, Suite 28, in Fort Myers. For more information, visit FMbrew.com or call 239-313-6576.